Saturday, March 17, 2012

Getting To the Gate Isn't Good Enough

Before I became a born again believer, I used to go to nightclubs. Some of the places I went to had no waiting lines and once you got inside, you knew why. There wasn't anything going on and I felt that I had wasted my time and wanted to leave. The other places that I went to had waiting lines and guest lists. If you were on the list, you could walk right up, give your name, and be granted access. If not, you stood outside watching people go in, wishing you could get inside because you knew that it was worth it. Yesterday while sitting at my desk, I heard a small voice say "Getting to the gates ain't good enough. You still have to get in." Oh, WOW! So many people say and sing," I just want to see the gates." Just like the people standing outside waiting to be let in? They see the door, but since they are not on the list, they can't get IN. I don't want to be good enough to just get to the gates! The word says that if we hold to what we have been told by the word of God and repent, that our names will not be taken out of the book of life and we will enter into heaven (paraphrased, Rev 3:3-5). So if we lose sight and stay out of the word and sin and not seek to rectify ourselves and repent, then outside of the gates we go! I don't want to see and not inherit, and neither should you. Let's stay focused and grounded and have the mind to repent daily so that when the time comes, we are welcomed inside. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment