Friday, March 16, 2012

He Hears You Over the Crowd

Good Evening Family and Friends!

It has been a few months since my last note. I have been dealing with a few things privately, and I wanted to speak when God pressed me to and not when my flesh desired me to. With that being said, this has been pressed upon my heart since Thursday night Bible Study, and I have been released to share it.

Thursday evening's topic was "Putting a demand on the annointing" and Pastor Dortch dealt specifically with three instances when people were healed because of their faith in God.  One story has stayed with me and has given me a great revelation personally and I have to share it with you. Luke 18:35-43 tells of a blind man sitting on the roadside that had been begging and heard a multitude (great crowd) of people passing by. He asked what was going on and they told him that Jesus was passing by. He cried out "Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me." And people began to rebuke him, telling him to hold his peace, but he cried even louder, "Thou son of David, have mercy on me." Jesus stopped and told them to bring the man to him, asked him what he wanted him ( Jesus) to do for him, and he asked for his sight. Jesus told him to receive his sight and that his FAITH had saved him. Immediately he received his sight and he followed Jesus, glorifying him, and when the people saw him, they gave praise unto God. (I paraphrased it, but go and read it, I promise it's there)

Ok Treva, now that all of that is said, what are you saying? It blessed me that this man, unable to see the works of God with a physical eye, knew in his heart that Jesus could heal him. He didn't let a large crowd stop him from crying out to God! Even though someone tried to shut his mouth and discourage him from seeking God (ain't that a trip?) he cried out anyway! And what blessed me even the more was that even though there was a large crowd of people (who undoubtedly made alot of noise, whether by chatter amongst each other or by worshipping God, or by praising God, or just the noise that accompanies a large movement), that Jesus heard the cry of ONE MAN, and stopped what he was doing to attend to this man's cry! AMAZING! All the people around Him and he could hear the cry of a need! It reminded me of Psalm 40:1-4 which states "I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such turn aside to lies."

It is a great thing to have faith but a greater thing to press on in that faith ignoring the crowd. Its a great thing that Jesus attends to everyone, and a greater thing to me that even though a noise could be around, even though many can be in prayer, many can be in worship, and many can be at His feet, but when I/You cry out to Him, our cries will not go unnoticed. He's not too busy, He's not consumed. He won't ignore us. The blind man cried out twice, and Jesus answered him and delivered him out of his problem because of his faith. He didn't get discouraged because his first cry didn't get the response he wanted, but he cried out even the more! He was serious and was not going to be deterred! We need to have that kind of faith! Sometimes when we cry out to God we expect a change as soon as the sound leaves our mouth and we get discouraged because people will tell us in so many words that God didn't hear us, or we're not praying right, or even that we need not bother God with our "mess", but the truth is that only God can deliver us from what we are crying out for. Don't let the circumstances or your surroundings affect your faith in Jesus. He can and He will meet you at your point of need, but it's according to your faith!

I pray that you all have a blessed week and that your faith be unwavering. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment