Friday, March 16, 2012

It's On the Way!

What's the purpose? What for? Why? Lord, fix it now. What am I doing this for? What am I waiting for? What's going to happen? When will it happen? Lord, do it now. Where will I be? When will it happen? Why do I have to do this? Why am I going through this? Lord, remember that I asked You to fix this?  Why is this happening to me? LORD, YOU PROMISED ME! Who will it be? When will it happen? Why is it happening for them? Lord, I needed that, like, YESTERDAY! What did they do that I haven't been doing? Why? What? Where? Lord, when are you going to fix that thing I told you about?  Who? WHEN? Lord? WHEN? WHEN? Lord! WHEN? ***screaming*** LORD!!! WHEN, O LORD!

 Why is it so hard for us to trust in God, when we so easily trust men? We let a paraphrase of Psalm 20:7 that we've heard from some older person(with much sarcasm and attitude "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but I will trust in the Lord!") roll off of our tongues so quick to impress people, but do we really mean what we say? Why do we constantly question God about what He has planned for our lives, instead of waiting for Him to do it? We have to do better. I do it all the time and realized that I need to quit. "Lord, why?" I would always ask. "I'm your child, why do I have to go this way? Why does this have to happen this way? Why can't I have this?" I'm an impatient somebody (yes, that was typed just the way I said it. The first key to acceptance is to ADMIT it.) I want what I want when I want it. If you be honest with yourself, you'll admit that you are too. Much of the body of Christ has not learned how to let patience have her perfect work (James 1:4) due to the society that we live in. We can microwave, we pull up to drive thru windows, we Google for answers, we text or instant message, and we love our cell phones.

Much of our daily lives include something instant, so it's not hard to fall into thinking that God will do everything instantly and then catching an attitude when it doesn't happen when and how we want it to. We have to accept the fact that some requests will take time. We have to accept that we don't need to know every detail of how God will do something; we just need to wait for Him to do it. We have to wait for it to manifest. He has promised us so many things, but He never promised us that He would do it when we want Him to or when we think He should. We've been doing what we are supposed to, keeping the commandments the best we know how, praying, fasting, crying, moaning and groaning, and many of us feel that something should have happened by now. We need to see some results. We have to see it with our own eyes.

So many Men and Women of God have been declaring 2012 the year of MANIFESTATION. I, being the need-to-know woman that I am, did the expected; I searched for a definition. According to Merriam Webster Dictionary, the word manifestation means "the act, process or instance of manifesting." Ok, so what does manifest mean? Manifest means "readily perceived by the senses and especially by the sense of sight. OBVIOUS" Synonyms include apparent, crystal clear, transparent, certain, and evident. Wow! I got a revelation quickly.

In 2012, God will show up in the lives of believers.  He will MANIFEST His glory in so many ways. It will be EVIDENT. It will be VISIBLE. It will be APPARENT. It will be CRYSTAL CLEAR. It will be made for everyone to SEE. He promised us some things, and according to 2 Corinthians 1:20 "All the promises of God in him are yea, and in him are Amen, unto the glory of God by us." All we have to do is wait and watch. Keep praise on your lips and in your heart. His answers are on the way, we just have to stay in His will. Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment